The Government has announced the boiler upgrade scheme, with £450 million available for grants. Properties will be able to claim up to £6,000 in a grant for air / ground source heat pumps, & biomass boilers.
Total Biomass Solutions are MCS accredited installers and can apply for the grants on your behalf.
To find out more about the grant and eligibility please see the The Home Insulation and Energy Systems Quality Assured Contractors Scheme (HIES) page. More info
You can get £5000.00 off the cost and installation of air source heat pumps and Biomass boilers or £6000.00 off the cost and installation of ground source heat pumps. You can only get one grant per property.
- The scheme is open to domestic and small non-domestic properties in England and Wales. It runs from 2022 to 2025.
- You can get one grant per property.
- You must live in England or Wales
- You must own your property (whether this is a home or a small non-domestic property)
- Private landlords and second-home owners are eligible.
- Properties must have an installation capacity up to 45kW (this covers most homes)
- Properties must have a current EPC certificate.
- To be eligible for a Biomass grant your property must be rural and not currently connected to mains gas.
As an installer we apply for the grant on your behalf. The value of the grant is then discounted from the price you pay.
** Cost of Installing an Air Source Heat Pump – Budget for Mid-Quality £7000 to £10,000, Mid-Quality to Higher Quality £10,000 to £14,000, Premium Quality £14,000 to £18,000.
**Biomass boilers can cost anything from £14,000 to £19,000 for an automatically fed pellet boiler. This includes installation of a flue, fuel store and VAT. A log boiler is £11,000 to £23,000 and a pellet stove £400 to 4500. These boilers do cost more than your average boiler and most require a large space as well as fuel storage.
** An average ground source heat pump installation cost for a normal, non-commercial house falls within the bracket of £13,000–£35,000.